Famous quotes

"Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually" - Stephen Covey

Sunday, February 12, 2017

SuperBowl 51

So glad that I woke up early to watch  Superbowl 51 Normally I don't have much interest in American football but Superbowl intrigued me. It is the most watched sporting event in the united states and probably generates most of the revenue for the league in a single day which they couldn’t earn for the entire year

That's why the sponsors clamour to pay premium ad rates to capture the eyeballs till now I have only seen two Superbowl live and on both the occasions the patriots have won.
 
The first time Seattle almost made an amazing comeback but faltered at the last play where they elected not to go with Marshawn Lynch and the final pass got intercepted. The second time was last Sunday



This Superbowl would go down in history as one of the best. But I believe Atlanta choked at the end. All they had to do was hold the ball and consume time. NFL is not like basketball where the ball needs to be in play for the time to start.So it was unusual for a team to lose like that.

But it was so surreal that it looked like a fairytale script set for everyones sweetheart Tom Brady. Sometimes I feel major sport events are scripted. The SuperBowl ending, Federer coming back to win a GrandSlam etc. But it would be so diaappointing if the conspiracy theory comes true.

Anyways I dont have much interest in NFL but Im glad I watched it live.

No comments: