Famous quotes

"Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually" - Stephen Covey

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mr Robot is back !!!!

Yes it is back for Season 2 which means some amazing writing is due. This shows creator Sam Esmail has always managed to provide some quality material in all 10 episodes of Season 1. Hope it continues with Season 2 also. Here are some of my favorite writing from the first few episodes.


I still don't understand why people like sports. They get so emotional over the we'irdest things. But I do see the beauty in the rules, the invisible code of chaos hiding behind the menacing face of order.'

In the fallout of the Great Depression, FDR closed all the banks for a bank holiday, and then he reopened them in stages when they were reported to being sound. Later, historians discovered what we in this room now know, that those reports, they were mostly lies. Nevertheless, it worked. It worked because the public believed the government had everything under control. You see, that is the business model for this great nation of ours. Every business day when that market bell rings, we con people into believing in something, the American dream, family values. Could be freedom fries for all I care. It doesn't matter as long as the con works and people buy and sell whatever it is we want them to. If I resign, then any scrap of confidence the public is already clinging onto will be destroyed, and we all know a con doesn't work without the confidence.


A guy walks up to a woman at a bar. He flirts with her. He makes small talk, but the woman insists she isn't gonna go home with him. Guy says, "What if I offer you $1 million to sleep with me?" The woman's never had a million dollars in her life. She stops and considers the offer very seriously. The guy changes his mind, says, "What if I change my offer to a dollar instead?" Woman is aghast. "What kind of woman do you think I am?" Guy says, "We already figured that out. Now we're just negotiating."

 
God can help you. Is that what God does? He helps? Tell me, why didn't God help my innocent friend who died for no reason while the guilty roam free? Okay, fine. Forget the one-offs. How about the countless wars declared in his name? Okay, fine. Let's skip the random, meaningless murder for a second, shall we? How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? () And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion... exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their... their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth... that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us. (CHUCKLING) If I don't listen to my imaginary friend, why the f... should I listen to yours? ♪ ♪ People think their worship's some key to happiness. That's just how he owns you. ♪ ♪ Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality. ♪ ♪ So f... God. ♪ ♪ He's not a good enough scapegoat for me. ♪ ♪ Please tell me I didn't say all of that out loud. ♪ ♪ sh1t. I did.


Nic pizzolatto, take note this is how you maintain the quality of writing in season 2. Im still bitter about the second season of True detective.

No comments: