Famous quotes

"Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually" - Stephen Covey

Saturday, December 28, 2013

UFC 168 : Rhonda Rousey and Chris Weidman wins but UFC is definitely not for me

I was introduced to UFC only in 2013 just out of curiosity of watching some real good knockouts like Tyson did and there was a lot of talk about one of the best sportsperson in the world as Anderson Silva. I got hooked into it and watched a lot of MMA clips and found them good and educative on the techniques utlised and the different holds used in a fight which we are never going to see in boxing.But like any other contact sport this is brutal I knew that.
 Rhonda Rousey Vs Miesha Tate
After Rousey famously broke Miesha Tate's elbow in the first fight which I never really could watch the full clip  as it was just too painful to watch but atleast appreciated the technique used to get that position.
This rematch was especially known for their long feud between the two camps and I have noted down Dec 28th about 2months back to remember watching it online and I woke up early on cue to see it.This rematch was slightly better since Tate managed to take Rhonda to 3 rounds and I had a feeling that if it went to the 4th or the 5th round Tate would have had a better chance but Rhonda somehow managed to get the position she wants and puts Tate on her famous ARMBAR hold and makes her tap out.  
Chris Weidman Vs Anderson Silva 2
Now Anderson Silva was the reason I got to know about UFC and one of the first Live matches i saw online was the first fight between these two. It was kind of comical finish as Anderson was just playing around doing nothing and Weidman got a punch in and it was over..... Hardly a champion finish. So,everyone expected the real Anderson Silva to come in the second match and I was also enthusiastic on the same and after a good match between Rousey and Tate thought the "Spider" would show up. But what followed was this.....
 It was an unfortunate accident but it convinced me that UFC is not for me. I would like to see a knockout but this game is just too brutal and I cant watch that..

No comments: