Famous quotes

"Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually" - Stephen Covey

Sunday, August 04, 2019

The professor - last monologue

I'm gonna die. Yeah... [laughs] - I'm gonna die, - [indistinct chatter] and I'm gonna die much sooner than I had imagined. - [man gasps] - [indistinct chatter] Oh, my goodness. I know, dear. - What is he talking about? - Shh. So in preparing for what lies ahead, I've come to realize that for much of my life, I've been mistaken, and I failed. I failed, not only to comprehend my mortality, but I've failed to appreciate it. And as a result, I've failed to make the most of my life. Veronica, you're one hell of a sport. You are a very worthy adversary. Proud... to have been able to call you my wife. Because life without you would've been, uh, far less rich. And for that, I thank you. For whatever it's worth... I love you... deeply. I know. We've turned our backs on the most important duty that we possess, to live a life that is rich in experience that's of our own independent choosing. Seize your fucking existence, folks. Why don't we make death our closest fucking companion, so that we can finally have a second, a millisecond to appreciate that little bit of time that we have left. And most important of all, let us live well, so that we may fucking die well, because we've never been so close to death than this very moment.

No comments: